Introduction: The Topic we are looking at is “The Christian Walk,” which is a rather detailed subject. We will be looking at it in six different messages. The first one introduces the topic to us, and the following five will elaborate and explain what God is saying about it. In this introduction we see four things.
- In the Bible the word “walk” refers to lifestyle or way of living.(Ephesians 4:1) (Colossians 1:10) (In the Revised Standard Version of the Bible it says, “to lead a life worthy of the Lord.” (Colossians 1:10)
- Our lifestyle is the visual expression of our testimony. (Colossians 4:5-6)
- Since we are ambassadors for Christ people will “see Christ” in us. (II Corinthians 5:20)
- The Duty
- Our duty as Christians is to live lifes
- We need to live our lives ______________ His presence is with us.
- Being In Christ – His ______________:
- His purpose is according to His ________.
- We are to ______________ His purpose by ______________ His will. (Romans 12:1 – 2)
- Being In Christ – His __________:
- All power ______________ to Jesus. (Matthew 28:18)
- His power ______________ our power when we are living in Him. (Ephesians 3:20 – 21)
5. Being In Christ – His ____________________:
a. When a person is “in Christ” they are a new ________________. (II Corinthians 5:17)
b. They are made perfect, in God’s eyes, through ____________________. (I John 1:8 – 9)
The Christian Walk Part 1 Download