Introduction: “Grace” has been defined in many ways. One way says, “Grace is the undeserved, free love and favor of God.” Another uses grace as an acrostic to say, “Grace is God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense.” These, and many others, fall far short of truly defining grace; but here are four things we need to know about God’s Grace.
- Grace is Abundant!
- God’s gives each one who will receive it an abundance of Grace. (Romans 5:17)
- The abundance of God’s grace enables those who receive it the ability to “reign” in life by Christ Jesus. (Romans 5:17)
- God’s grace is much more abundant than sin is. (Romans 5:20)
- Grace is Amazing!
- Itisamazingitisbeyondman’sreasoningand understanding. (Isaiah 55:7 – 8)
- It is amazing because it can turn a lost sinner into a child of God through one simple prayer.
(Romans 10:9 – 10)
- It is amazing because Satan can do nothing to stop it if a person is sincere in asking God for it. (Romans 5:21)
3. Grace is Appreciated!
- It is appreciated by everyone who receives it. (From the “upper class”-Nicodemus; to the “lower class”-the woman at the well.) (John 3&4)
- It is appreciated because of what it does, as it makes a new person out of them and gives a new life to them. (II Corinthians 5:17)
- It is appreciated because it demonstrates its sufficiency. (II Corinthians 12:7 – 10)
4. Grace is Available!
- It is available to all who will sincerely come to God for it.(Hebrews 4:16)
- It is available to all who come when God calls them. (II Corinthians 6:1 – 2)
- It is available in the final hour of life. (Luke 23:42 – 43)